Last week I found some fingerling potatoes in the grocery. I think this is the first time I have ever seen them in our area! So, naturally, when I saw them, I grabbed them right up! I had to try them. Besides, they were cute! :0)

I thought just roasting them with fresh rosemary, olive oil, salt & pepper would be a great way to try these out for the first time. They were delicious! But then again, what potato isn’t delicious?

Rosemary Roasted Fingerling Potatoes

1 lb. fingerling potatoes
2 stalks fresh rosemary
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
salt and pepper, to taste

Preheat oven to 450 degrees

Wash and slice potatoes. Coat with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper and sprinkle with chopped leaves from two stalks of fresh rosemary.

Bake for 20 minutes, or until done.

*************************************************************************************
A little while ago, Linda of Weekend Cook gave me the Triple Award. Thanks Linda! The rules for recipients are:
1. Put the logo on your blog or post.
2. Nominate at least 10 blogs which show great Attitude and/or Gratitude!
3. Be sure to link to your nominees within your post.
4. Let them know that they have received this award by commenting on their blog.
5. Share the love and link to this post and to the person from whom you received your award.

I have more than 10 blogging buddies, but at this point in time I will recognize 10 – however all of you are special!

1. Cristine of Cooking with Cristine. I feel a real connection with Cristine. She is number one in my book. Number one mom, wife, and blogger.

2. Barbara of Barbara Bakes. Barbara and I have been emailing back and forth since last July. She and I seem to have a lot in common (the last name snow, children getting married, cooking light to name a few!) and I enjoy hearing from her on a regular basis! 🙂 We have become email buddies and I really like that!

3. Jessie of The Hungry Mouse. Jessie and I converse back and forth a lot on stumbleupon! I love our going back and forth and the bits of info we share with each other. I feel like she is a real friend even though I have never met her in person!

4. Marthe of Culinary Delights. Oh Marthe. This woman deserves all kinds of recongition from me. Marthe has a huge heart and is super thoughtful. There has been real snail mail exchange between Marthe and I and I think the blogging world deserves to know what a wonderful person she is! She is so super thoughtful.

5. Laura of The Spiced Life. I met Laura when I was paired with her for Taste & Create. I have enjoyed our exchanes and I was delighted when she and her mom particpated in sending goodies to a soldier from my area right before Christmas.

6. Val of More than Burnt Toast. I have been reading Val’s blog ever since I knew blogs existed. We share a little bit of geographical location in common and I just totally enjoy her blog. She amazes me at how much she seems to accomplish and the events she participates in!

7. Beth of Cookie Pie. Beth is a newer blogger that I have enjoyed reading. She was a winner of my Pay it Forward, a soon to be mom (come March) and is the food editor in one of my favorite magazines. She is a special girl, you can see that just from reading her blog!

8. Patsy of Family, Friends and Food. I have gotten to know Patsy even better since Facebook. She is super friendly and has an awesome blog. I am looking forward to getting to know her more!

9. Amanda of Bits and Bites of Everything. Amanda is my real life friend. She is a sweet, quiet and somewhat shy woman who has been there for me during a tough time a few months ago. She is a good friend who listens and doesn’t judge! She started a blog and I’m really proud of her work! She recently made pizza on her own from scratch. Good going Amanda! 🙂

10. Robin Sue of Big Red Kitchen. Robin Sue is another woman with a big good heart! I love everything about her blog. She has a lot of interesting things to tell us and her most recent posts on Stromboli is one of my favorites!

Its hard to stop here. I feel like I’m leaving people out. You are all in my heart! Blogging has become a real part of my life and the friends I have made this way are all very special in their own way!

1. tamilyn January 26, 2009 at 6:37 am - Reply

I love the fingerling potatoes too! I have all sorts of potato love, but I love to steam these and top with a little butter and sea salt. I know it is almost 1 in the morning, but I think I have like 8 left in that little bag, maybe a midnight snack in the works?

2. Cristine January 26, 2009 at 9:47 am - Reply

Okay, seriously you are gonna make me cry!!! You are so amazing, Shelby! I wish NY was closer to AZ so that I could see you while I am in the states. One of these days I am just going to have to find a reason to go to New York!

Thank you for the award and your potatoes look awesome! Mmmmm…. potatoes! 🙂

3. Passionate About Baking January 26, 2009 at 10:22 am - Reply

Those fingerling potatoes are making me hungry…& I've just had lunch! YUMMY. Congrats too on the treasure of awards! Good for you!! YAY!!

4. Kaitlin January 26, 2009 at 10:25 am - Reply

Shelby those look amazing! I have been craving potatoes lately, and these look like they would do the trick nicely!

5. Aparna January 26, 2009 at 11:11 am - Reply

Congratulations, Shelby on those awards.
    Who doesn’t love potatoes, and these are a guilt-free way to enjoy them. I do thid with sweet potatoes too.

6. Cakelaw January 26, 2009 at 11:51 am - Reply

LOL – I completed my post before I read this one, and realised that I have just given you one of the same awards that you have just posted about. Oh well, here is my personal bestowal of the Lemonade award:

Your fingerling potates look delicious by the way – I am up late, and these would be a perfect snack round about now.

7. Daily Spud January 26, 2009 at 12:12 pm - Reply

Well, you said it – what potato isn’t delicious! – and congrats too on your award 🙂

8. Bellini Valli January 26, 2009 at 12:23 pm - Reply

First of all thank you very much for the award HoneyB. I really do appreciate the sentiment. Secondly thanks for starting my day off right with my all time favourite…potatoes……I love fingerlings too..they make for an excellent photo opportunity as well!!!

9. Jessie January 26, 2009 at 1:13 pm - Reply

Oh gosh, thank you so much! You know I feel just exactly the same way! 😀

And man, those potatoes look great! I can find fingerlings here in Boston, but I have to go to Whole Foods to get ’em. They do shop up at my local market, but they usually don’t look too hot. (Don’t think they sell much in my neighborhood, so they just hang around…)

Cheers!
    +Jessie
    a.k.a. The Hungry Mouse

10. ~Vanessa~ January 26, 2009 at 1:48 pm - Reply

I have never heard of fingerling potatoes! Great info. Congrats on the awards 🙂

11. Barbara Bakes January 26, 2009 at 2:20 pm - Reply

Thanks so much for the award and the kind words! I’ve enjoyed our friendship too! The potatoes look fabulous. I bet Grumpy was happy!

12. Carrie January 26, 2009 at 2:43 pm - Reply

Those potatoes look scrumptious!! Congrats on your award!

13. recipes2share January 26, 2009 at 2:45 pm - Reply

congratulations on the award – well done. Rosemary and roast potatoes are always a fantastic combination…like the new banner too!

14. Robin Sue January 26, 2009 at 3:00 pm - Reply

Thanks so much for the award! I am touched that you liked my Stromboli post. I think these potatoes with the rosemary are my favorite type of potato. Roasting makes that flavor come out so much and it is so comforting to eat. Those valentine cookies look mighty fine too!

15. Meg January 26, 2009 at 3:07 pm - Reply

Congrats to you and all those you passed the awards to! Totally deserved.

Love these potatoes!

16. Linda January 26, 2009 at 3:07 pm - Reply

First, you are so deserving of the Sisterhood Award, Shelby! You were one of the very first people I “met” through blogging!

Second, OMG, I can almost taste these potatoes. I might have to make some of these as a side this week!

17. shellyfish January 26, 2009 at 3:23 pm - Reply

Those potatoes have me wishing it were dinner time! And congrats on the great award – you deserve it!

18. Pam January 26, 2009 at 4:46 pm - Reply

Congrats on your award – you deserve it. I love these potatoes – they looks so tasty and golden brown. MMmmmm.

The valentine cookies look really pretty and delicious too.

19. emily January 26, 2009 at 5:02 pm - Reply

Don’t you just love fingerlings?!!

Congratulations on the award. You are incredibly deserving.

Emily

20. Flourchild January 26, 2009 at 5:48 pm - Reply

Nice award and your potato recipe looks wonderful!

21. Ingrid January 26, 2009 at 5:55 pm - Reply

Congrats on your well deserved award and to all the new winners! A couple of them I’ve been visiting (having found them through your blog) and the other ones I’m gonna follow the link and check ’em out. Thx!

Love the potatoes! YUM!
    ~ingrid

22. Deborah January 26, 2009 at 6:01 pm - Reply

I don’t see fingerling potatoes here very often, either. Next time I do, I’m buying them to try this out!

23. Reeni♥ January 26, 2009 at 6:09 pm - Reply

I can never find fingerlings here either. I’m jealous! They look great! Congrats on your award!

24. Creative One January 26, 2009 at 6:12 pm - Reply

Thank you very much for the award. That was quite an honor. You are such a great friend to have.

25. pinkstripes January 26, 2009 at 6:58 pm - Reply

YUM! Roasted potatoes are always delicious.

26. Debbie January 26, 2009 at 7:06 pm - Reply

Congrats on your award…your potatoes look great!!!

27. Peter M January 26, 2009 at 8:00 pm - Reply

These are potatoes at their best…roasted on high heat, crispy outside, flaky inside.

28. cakeitaly January 26, 2009 at 8:01 pm - Reply

Wow fantastic ideas for my next lunch with my friends.

Bye from Italy by
    Cakeitaly.com – A taste of Italian sweets

If you want you cant add your blog in my blogroll All your recipes

If you want a FREE Doman for you Blog: click here

29. Katypi January 26, 2009 at 8:33 pm - Reply

Love potatoes!

30. Tangled Noodle January 26, 2009 at 9:01 pm - Reply

Triple congratulations on your award! And these roasted fingerlings beat french fries any day!

31. Marjie January 26, 2009 at 11:18 pm - Reply

I’ve never seen fingerling potatoes, but I’ve made these potatoes with redskinned potatoes, and we love them!

32. Melissa January 27, 2009 at 12:03 am - Reply

Those potatoes sound great and I was just trying to think of something that would go well with mini turkey burgers.

33. Priscilla January 27, 2009 at 1:17 am - Reply

Your potatoes look fab! And congrats on the award!

34. noble pig January 27, 2009 at 1:39 am - Reply

For a potato ho like me these are heaven…HEAVEN! Very beautiful!

35. duodishes January 27, 2009 at 1:42 am - Reply

Mmm, let’s sandwich these on a nice juicy burger, shall we?

36. Laurie January 27, 2009 at 3:32 am - Reply

I love fingerling potatoes and buy them every time I see them!

The photo of Grumpy slipping the M&M's in the cup slayed me! My husband pretends to be all grumpy about the blog too, but then he actually comes up with suggestions or even cooks things he things might make the cut of bloggable.

Congratulations on your baking business. That is really great and I'm sure it will be huge success.

37. Bunny January 27, 2009 at 4:09 am - Reply

These look fantastic Shelby, congratulations on your awards!

38. Marthe January 29, 2009 at 10:41 am - Reply

Gosh… You’re making me blush Shelby!! Your words are too kind!
    Thanks for the award!

39. katskitchen January 29, 2009 at 8:38 pm - Reply

I love fingerling potatoes, although I call them potato wedges.
    Congrats on your reward!

40. Linda February 2, 2009 at 2:42 pm - Reply

These look seriously good, Shelby!

41. […] you love roasted potatoes, you may want to serve this Roasted Fingerling Potato or Roasted Red Skinned Potato […]