Grumpy has a “thing” for chewy cookies. He also has a “thing” for white chocolate and macadamia nuts. I have a “thing” for my Grumpy. he he. I couldn’t resist that!

A lot of us have been looking at lighter recipes to get rid of extra poundage and still be happy and satisfied with what we are eating. It is no secret that I love Cooking Light recipes. They can be very tasty while not killing the calorie/fat count! I made it knowing it would be chewy and yummy just by reading the ingredients! I also knew it would make my Grumpy a very happy man, for a while anyway ;o).

Coconut-Macadamia Nut Cookies
Cooking Light, December 2000

1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup regular oats
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/3 cup golden raisins (I use white chocolate chips instead)
1/3 cup flaked sweetened coconut
1/4 cup chopped macadamia nuts
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 cup butter or stick margarine, melted
3 tablespoons water
2 tablespoons honey
Cooking spray (I line with parchment paper instead as these can be sticky!)

Preheat oven to 325°.Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Combine flour and the next 6 ingredients (flour through baking soda). Combine butter, water, and honey, stirring well to combine. Add butter mixture to flour mixture, stirring until well-blended. Drop by level tablespoons 2 inches apart onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at 325° for 10 minutes or until almost set. Cool on pan 2 to 3 minutes or until firm. Remove cookies from pan, and cool on wire racks.Serving size: 1 cookie
Per cookie: 90 calories, 2 grams fat, .5 grams fiber
WW Points: 2

1. 5 Star Foodie January 17, 2009 at 1:29 pm - Reply

The cookies look wonderful. The white chocolate macademia nut cookies are my favorite kind actually. Thanks for a great recipe!

2. Di January 17, 2009 at 1:30 pm - Reply

The picture looks yummy. Sadly, I don’t like a few of the ingredients. =) But it’s fun to play around with cookies and add different things.

3. Debbie January 17, 2009 at 1:56 pm - Reply

mmmmm,they look good. I like my cookies just like Grumpy does. He’s lucky to have you….

4. Tangled Noodle January 17, 2009 at 2:31 pm - Reply

The first white chocolate-macadamia cookies I had were Mrs. Field’s and I’ve been using that recipe. But seeing the nutrition info for this, I’m making the switch! Thanks for posting those numbers!

5. Melissa January 17, 2009 at 2:32 pm - Reply

Ummm…White chocolate and macadamia nuts are one of the best things in the world together and in a chewy cookie I can only imagine how great they taste.

6. Barbara Bakes January 17, 2009 at 2:37 pm - Reply

A good cookie always helps you feel better! Chewy cookies are my favorite too!

7. Creative One January 17, 2009 at 3:30 pm - Reply

That is one delicious looking cookie.

8. Stephanie January 17, 2009 at 3:57 pm - Reply

Yours look a bit better than the light cookies I made yesterday – I think you do need that bit of fat for them to not be all rubbery. Anyway, those do look delicious.

9. Jessie January 17, 2009 at 4:13 pm - Reply

Awww, love that Grumpy! And love, love, love these cookies! Wow.

+Jessie
    a.k.a. The Hungry Mouse

10. shellyfish January 17, 2009 at 4:48 pm - Reply

Oh yum! What a wonderful combo – Grumpy’s got great taste!

11. noble pig January 17, 2009 at 4:57 pm - Reply

These sound delicious, I happen to be overflowing with mac nuts, coconut and white chocolate..now I have a plan.!

12. Mão na Massa January 17, 2009 at 5:03 pm - Reply

Hello!

2 words: DELICIOUS AND BEAUTIFUL!

kisses

13. Bob January 17, 2009 at 5:16 pm - Reply

Those look so good. Chewy cookies are my favorite and I love macadamia nuts. I’m so snagging this recipe. 🙂

14. Reeni♥ January 17, 2009 at 6:04 pm - Reply

White chocolate and macadamia is the way to my heart, too! They look so great!

15. Gabe's Girl January 17, 2009 at 6:24 pm - Reply

I love white chocolate macadamia nut cookies!
    I really need to start eating light. I have gained 10 pounds since November!

16. Stuart Maughan January 17, 2009 at 7:06 pm - Reply

gosh those cookies look good, can’t figure if it’s the photography or the cooking. I know this i’ve gain a pound just looking. Love your blog, visit some time and leave a note. Thanks Stu and Marilyn

17. JennyMac January 17, 2009 at 7:22 pm - Reply

OH bless you HoneyB !!! I’ve recently joined WW@home and have been counting points… This is awesome!!! Muahhhhhh (me kissing you on the forehead).

18. Kevin January 17, 2009 at 7:56 pm - Reply

This bookmark goes under the ‘I have to try’ label. White chocolate and macadamia nut cookies are my favorite and the coconut macadamia nut version sounds just as good! I like the use of the honey.

19. Shauna January 17, 2009 at 8:30 pm - Reply

Awesome thanks! Hope you have a beautiful weekend! ♥ Hugs 🙂

20. Linda January 17, 2009 at 8:48 pm - Reply

My dad will love these! His 86 th birthday is January 29th, so I think I will bake up a batch for him.

21. Patsyk January 17, 2009 at 9:04 pm - Reply

Love cookies that are chewy! I may make these (w/o the nuts – I’m weird that way) sometime soon. They look wonderful… are you sure they are from CL?

22. Jaime January 18, 2009 at 12:08 am - Reply

i am so making these!! yum

23. Ingrid January 18, 2009 at 1:06 am - Reply

These look really good. I’m with agree with Grumpy I much prefer a chewy cookies to a crunchy one.
    Thanks for passing along the recipe.
    ~ingrid

24. Maria January 18, 2009 at 3:40 am - Reply

I am a cookie lover, these look fantastic!!

25. Meg January 18, 2009 at 3:45 am - Reply

Fabulous recipe! I love when yummy cookies are light!

26. Laurie January 18, 2009 at 3:53 am - Reply

It’s hard to believe these cookies are “light” because they look so decadent. Great recipe and your changes sound good.

So glad Grumpy is okay and sorry you had such a scare!

27. Megan January 18, 2009 at 4:19 am - Reply

These look delicious. I love the white chocolate macadamia combo and I like that these are CL.
    Bookmarked!

28. tamilyn January 18, 2009 at 5:00 am - Reply

nut=protein
    coconut=fruit
    white chocolate=well, just good

I’m sure they are healthy in some way for me!

29. Sara January 18, 2009 at 5:44 am - Reply

These look great, I’ve had a lot of luck with Cooking Light’s cookie recipes. Try their anzac biscuits for another good chewy cookie.

30. Donna-FFW January 18, 2009 at 12:55 pm - Reply

I adore the combination of white chocolate and macadamia!! Throw in the coconut. Wonderful Looks Scruptious!!

31. Maggie January 18, 2009 at 4:57 pm - Reply

YUM! Chewy cookies are my pick 9 times out of 10 and white chocolate/macadamia is a great combination.

32. J.Danger January 18, 2009 at 9:50 pm - Reply

I have the same “thing” for chewy cookies! Pioneer Woman has a recipe for Everything Oatmeal Cookies that I love. They are my new favorite!

33. pinkstripes January 19, 2009 at 1:16 am - Reply

I love that you are posting all these cooking light recipes. I’m with Grumpy, I love macadamia nut cookies.

34. Peter M January 20, 2009 at 10:02 am - Reply

The cookies here would make me so very un-grumpy…coconut and macadamia…Ummm!

35. anja3582 January 23, 2009 at 2:36 pm - Reply

So yeah, these cookies look AMAZING. I have a “thing” for chewy cookies, too. Makin’ some of these this weekend! Thanks!

36. Michelle January 26, 2009 at 9:58 pm - Reply

I’m with Grumpy. Chewy. White chocolate. Macadamia nuts. HEAVEN!

This looks DELICIOUS!

37. Arika February 4, 2009 at 3:33 pm - Reply

I made these last week and they were very good. I posted about them on my blog here, http://rawforamonth.blogspot.com/2009/02/coconut-macadamia-and-golden-raisin.html . Thanks for the great recipe!

Arika
    My Yummy Life

38. Melissa March 14, 2011 at 12:05 am - Reply

I was having a serious coconut-oatmeal cookie attack today, and try as I might, I almost never manage to get a cookie tossed together that quite does the trick. Today was the expection! With a little modification based on my particular craving and current kitchen arsenal (no nuts or raisens), I ended up with a chewy-on-the-inside and perfect ever-so-slightly crunchy goodness on the outside kind of creation. I doubled the recipe, with a lean towards more oats and less flour, and because I am a coconut junkie, I tripled the coconut, I used only 1.5 cups of brown sugar to avoid sweetness overkill. Added a teas vanilla and an additional 1/2 stick of butter to balance the additional dry ingredients,(I melted the butter due to impatience) and used the same cook times which worked great. Excellent! This one is going on the list of cookies to make for friends.

39. Aaron June 15, 2012 at 9:57 pm - Reply

Loved this recipe, and will add it to my "Best macadamia Nut Recipes" blog over at Squidoo! I Used Hawaii macadamia nuts for this recipe. I get mine from http://www.maunakeagold.com. In my opinion, Hawaii produces the best Mac Nuts!

40. Anonymous November 8, 2019 at 5:23 pm - Reply