There is my little Rudy Rut-ton. He loves his momma! He misses her too! I’ve been chatting with Grumpy tonight and he has been informing me what a pest Rudy is being. Basically because I’m not home for him to pester! As soon as I sit he’s right there climbing all over me and trying to lick my face. I definitely have to stop him there because I really don’t care for wet kitty kisses! So, since I am not home, Grumpy is the lucky recipient of all the attention! I am sure both Rudy and Grumpy will be happy to have me home on Wednesday!

I had been craving stuffed mushrooms and when I saw the medium sized portabello mushrooms in the grocery I knew it was time to make them! These were the side I made to go with Grumpy’s london broil for Christmas Eve!

These were also my favorite part of the meal. I really don’t have a “recipe” per say so I am going to guesstimate what I did.

HoneyB’s Stuffed Mushroom’s

1. Wipe 10 medium portabello mushrooms with a damp paper towel to clean.
  2. Remove the stems and dice. Dice one mushroom and add to stems. Saute in 4 Tablespoons butter with 1/2 diced onion. When softened, add 1 cup dried seasoned breadcrumbs, 1/2 cup grated fresh Parmesan cheese and enough sour cream (I always use about 2 tablespoons light sour cream)to moisten.
  3. Spray baking dish with cooking spray. Spoon stuffing into mushroom, packing well. Place in 375 degree oven and bake approximately 25-30 minutes.

1. ~Vanessa~ December 29, 2008 at 6:35 am - Reply

Rudy loves his Mama and who could blame him for missing you? 🙂 Mushrooms look yummy. Safe travels.

Hugs,

Vanessa

2. noble pig December 29, 2008 at 7:35 am - Reply

I love stuffed mushrooms! These sound delicious, maybe for New Year’s?

3. Bellini Valli December 29, 2008 at 10:04 am - Reply

Rudy and Grumpy are probably both missing you these days. I have seen stuffed portabellos out there especially barbecued in the summer but have yet to try them. Thanks for the reminder:D

4. Annie December 29, 2008 at 10:15 am - Reply

What a beautiful picture of you and Rudy!

5. Danielle December 29, 2008 at 10:37 am - Reply

Your cat sounds like a sweetheart! He is a cutie as well. I am sure hes counting downt eh days until his mommy comes home 🙂

6. Barbara Bakes December 29, 2008 at 10:56 am - Reply

I haven’t made stuffed mushrooms for a while. This sounds like a great recipe!

7. Dharm December 29, 2008 at 11:16 am - Reply

Stuffed Portobellos are awesome! A Blessed Christmas to you and yours.

8. Mari at Once Upon a Plate December 29, 2008 at 2:31 pm - Reply

Awww your kitty is soo sweet! It’s a darling photo of you both. 🙂

And the mushrooms look terrific! I would love those, I like the idea of light sour cream to bind and moisten. Yum!

9. Cristine December 29, 2008 at 2:47 pm - Reply

I love that picture of you and your cat! TOO CUTE!!! And those mushrooms look and sound fantastic!

10. CaptnRachel aka Tha Pizza Cutta December 29, 2008 at 2:51 pm - Reply

I wish my ‘Grumpy’ liked mushrooms…how I miss them so. Yours most definitely look like a Christmas treat, yum!

11. natalia December 29, 2008 at 3:12 pm - Reply

Ciao ! I’ll have to post my cat’s kisses too ! He is so sweet !!!

12. Foong December 29, 2008 at 3:14 pm - Reply

Yummy, I love stuffed mushrooms. I usually made mine with my homemade salsa.
    Hope you have a safe journey home and happy new year!

13. creative one December 29, 2008 at 3:24 pm - Reply

Cute picture of you and Rudy!
    The mushrooms look yummy. Hope the trip home is a safe one.

14. Katie's blog December 29, 2008 at 3:30 pm - Reply

Those look very good – Grumpy eats well! Happy Holidays to you and your family!!

15. No Thyme To Cook December 29, 2008 at 3:42 pm - Reply

Your stuffed mushrooms look amazing! Nice tip about the sour cream to keep it moist!

16. Jessie December 29, 2008 at 3:47 pm - Reply

OMG, shoulder cat! I love him. 😀 The mushrooms look great.

+Jessie
    a.k.a. The Hungry Mouse

17. Pam December 29, 2008 at 4:39 pm - Reply

I love stuffed mushrooms. These looks simple, healthy and tasty. Your kitty is so darn sweet. I have one that crawls all over me too.

18. Megan December 29, 2008 at 5:15 pm - Reply

I’ll bet not only will they be happy your home, but you’ll be pretty happy too. Love the stuffed mushrooms. Baby portabellas, good idea!

19. Darius T. Williams December 29, 2008 at 1:12 pm - Reply

You gave away a great secret about sour cream. I use it on tons of stuff too – especially biscuits and even in corn bread!

-DTW

20. Melissa December 29, 2008 at 6:24 pm - Reply

What a cute kitten! I don’t usually go for mushrooms, but these do sound tasty. 🙂

21. Reeni December 29, 2008 at 7:12 pm - Reply

Rudy and Grumpy must be missing you like crazy!! Your mushrooms look delicious, perfect next to your London Broil.

22. Aggie December 29, 2008 at 7:35 pm - Reply

I love stuffed mushrooms! Now I have a craving! Looks delicious!

23. Maria December 29, 2008 at 8:37 pm - Reply

I love stuffed mushrooms! I miss my family too! We had a great time at Christmas…I am not liking work today!

24. Juliet December 29, 2008 at 11:37 pm - Reply

The mushrooms look great!

25. Jenny December 30, 2008 at 12:12 am - Reply

Looks wonderful Shelby!! Safe travels to you my dear!! Happy New Year!

26. Clumbsy Cookie December 30, 2008 at 12:20 am - Reply

That’s an adorable picture of you and the cat! And I love the portabello too!

27. Bunny December 30, 2008 at 12:24 am - Reply

That’s a great looking stuffed mushroom Shelby! I’m gonna have to try this!

28. Ingrid December 30, 2008 at 3:20 am - Reply

Looks terrific! Everyone except Babygirl LOVES mushrooms! Thanks for sharing the “recipe”!

Happy 2009!
    ~ingrid

29. Olga December 30, 2008 at 4:58 am - Reply

oh not the stuffed mushrooms! I’m testing a stuffed mushroom for a vegan cookbook and the recipe hasn’t worked after 3 times!

So I’m a bit down on them 🙂

But yours look good!

30. Kaitlin December 30, 2008 at 8:30 am - Reply

Your cat is too cute, and so sweet with you. The mushrooms look so good, I’ve never had stuffed mushrooms before!

31. SaraLynn December 30, 2008 at 3:30 pm - Reply

Yummy!

I am sure your family will be glad to have you back 🙂

32. pigpigscorner December 30, 2008 at 4:33 pm - Reply

Yummy! I love mushrooms! I’ve never done stuffed mushrooms before, will def give it a go!

33. Stacey Snacks December 30, 2008 at 9:28 pm - Reply

Beautiful stuffed mushrooms, and even cuter photo of you and the cat!
    She looks like my kitty!

Happy New Year.
    Stacey Snacks

34. ~Madeline~ December 30, 2008 at 10:39 pm - Reply

I love the look of the dark portabello. It really adds a nice contrast and is much more appealing than the stuffed mushrooms I’ve made with button mushrooms. I’ll definitely be making these. Happy New Year!

35. Hillary December 31, 2008 at 3:56 pm - Reply

I wish I saw these before I already made my New Year’s appetizer – happy new year!

36. Maggie January 2, 2009 at 2:20 am - Reply

The London broil looked great but the mushroom looks even better. I’ve been craving stuffed mushrooms as well but they got dropped from an overful holiday menu. I’ve never used sour cream in mine and have to try your method soon.

37. Matt January 3, 2009 at 10:53 am - Reply

I can just picture Rudy trying to leap up on your husband’s shoulder to give him kitty kisses!

Stuffed mushrooms are my favorite. I like the addition of the sour cream. It sounds delicious. I could make a meal out of these and a glass of wine!

38. Michelle January 5, 2009 at 6:20 pm - Reply

Woah! That mushroom looks delicious. And huge!

39. Linda January 7, 2009 at 8:17 pm - Reply

These look wonderful. On my list for our next bash!
    And that kitty picture….I love it! My own little Cassie is a lover like that too!

40. […] Vegetarian Stuffed Mushrooms […]