This week’s destination for My Kitchen My World was chosen by the new MKMW moderator, Lauren of I’ll Eat You and she chose Cambodia. When I found out this was the country, I did some searching via google. The desserts didn’t seem to appeal enough to me but the food did! I did a lot of looking around and decided on Moan char paset (of Chicken stir-fry with mushroom).

Of course, par for the course, Grumpy came out in the kitchen with his nose turned up because I was not fixing red meat. Sigh. I as usual, told him if he didn’t like it he could start planning meals and cooking himself. That went over really well. I told him to if he would get to the basement and get a steak out of the freezer I would fix it for tomorrow night. I really thought the dish was delicious. Grumpy ate it…..he didn’t have much choice, but he did say it was good. He just wants some red meat. Meanwhile I’m thinking of Jessie of The Hungry Mouse and how Grumpy would probably like eating at her house better! Probably.

Maon char paset
Chicken Stir-fry with Mushroom

2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
2 Cloves garlic, minced
1 Yellow onion, sliced
½ lb Chicken breast, sliced thin
1 Tablespoon fish sauce
1 Tablespoon soy sauce
1 Tablespoon sugar
2 Stalks celery, sliced
2 Stalks green onion, chopped
½ lb Button mushroom, cleaned and sliced
¼ Teaspoon black pepper

Heat up your skillet or wok to a high temperature. When hot, add oil, garlic, onion and chicken. Stir fry until meat is tender. Remove chicken mixture from stove and stir-fry mushrooms and celery on high heat until tender. Pour chicken mixture back into pan. Season with fish sauce, soy sauce, and sugar. Stir well. Add green onion. Sprinkle with black pepper. Serve with rice.

**************************************************************************************

I would like to thank Jessie of The Hungry Mouse and Kang of Londoneater for two awards bestowed upon me this weekend!

Jessie has created a new award The 2008 Fabulous Food Blogger award and was one of her lucky recipients! I met Jessie through Foodbuzz (where I have met many great food blogging friends!). Jessie created this award because she was “feeling the warmth” of the virtual food blogging community. I would like to recognize two of my blogging friends by granting this award to them. I hope they will pass this on to blogger friends of theirs!

Megan of Megan’s Cookin – Meg recently revamped her look and I love it! I also really enjoyed her camping trip expeditions over the summer! She has a great blog, great recipes, and great photos! I hope if you haven’t been there that you will go to check it out!

Michele of Life Lightly Salted – I met Michelle through FoodBuzz and I am so glad we found each other. I love the title of her blog and I love her recipes. If you haven’t had a chance to check her blog out, please do!

Kang passed on the Excellent Award to me.
The rules of receiving the award is as follows: Please find 5 blogs, of any kind that you love to read. Write a post about the blogs you picked, linking back to them. Make sure you let them know you gave them an award. There are so many deserving blogs out there whom I think deserve this award but I would like to mention 5 that I would like to bestow this on myself!

Marthe of Culinary Delights – I met Marthe through Tuesdays with Dorie. She and I have exchanged a few emails and I was impressed with her making her recent butternut squash dish (butternut squash being a new vegetable to her) and it looked awesome!

Laura of The Spiced Life – I met Laura for my first Taste & Create and I really fell in love with her blog. I now keep up with her on a regular basis and look forward to each post!

Lisa of Jersey Girl Cooks – I love her new blog look and I love her posts. Her Peanut Caramel Spiced Apple cake looks so delicious (amongst other recipes, only natural I gravitate towards the sweets!)

Jessie of The Hungry Mouse – I might learn a thing or two from Jessie about cooking meat! As tonight’s post will attest, Grumpy doesn’t think I make red meat often enough. Jessie certainly knows how to cook it up and maybe I can learn a thing or two from her! Check her blog out, she does a great job with her step by step photos. Today’s post is about Halloween in Salem…love it!

I only know her as Cookie Pie – I’m not even sure how I came upon her blog, but I love it. She is a young mom-to-be who makes some really yummy looking treats! (I may have met her through Daring Bakers). In any case, you really should go check her blog out!!

1. aunkangleong October 27, 2008 at 12:09 am - Reply

love the chicken stir fry, brings back memories of my mum’s cooking 😀 and congrats onthe awards, you definitely deserve them!

2. Laura October 27, 2008 at 12:11 am - Reply

Wow thanks! I was composing my comment in my head–odd little thing I do, it’s like a half conversation in my head or something, and then I saw my name! Fun!

Anyhoo, congrats on the awards. I LOVELOVELOVE Cambodian food, so I am always happy to see it being cooked on my favorite blogs. When we lived in Cleveland (that’s 8 billion moves ago if you read the post about my dog and his hatred of moving) we practically lived at a Cambodian restaurant there. We stop by whenever we are in town and as of the last time I was there they remember us still! This looks great, is being copied to my files…

3. Leslie October 27, 2008 at 12:38 am - Reply

Congrats on all of the well deservaed awards

4. Michele October 27, 2008 at 1:05 am - Reply

Thank you so very much for the award sweetie!! 🙂
    It’s a shame that neither of us could make it to the Foodbuzz dinner. After both of our lives calm down a little we will have to try it again.

Mr. P would love your Maon char paset. But the same as Grumpy, he’d rather have a big old steak. The good thing is that our men put up with our culinary adventures.

5. Barbara Bakes October 27, 2008 at 1:22 am - Reply

Congrats on the awards you definitely deserve them! I’m never had food from Cambodia.

6. Matt October 27, 2008 at 1:24 am - Reply

Maybe thinly sliced flank or skirt steak would work to satisfy the red meat loving husband… Congratulations on your well-deserved award!

7. Meg October 27, 2008 at 1:29 am - Reply

Congrats on the awards! You totally deserve them and so do all those you passed them on to!

Love the recipe!

8. gail October 27, 2008 at 1:30 am - Reply

hehehe, Grumpy is funny 🙂 And congrats!!!! Excited to hear more about your trip too!

9. Anonymous October 27, 2008 at 5:05 am - Reply

Can I just say…Grumpy is a poop head! He needs to expand his horizons a bit more at his tender age.
    Actually my Marshall has learned that he likes a whole lot more foods than he thought he did before he married me. I suppose he is a tad more daring than your Grumpster.
    Love you!
    Jam

10. Pam October 27, 2008 at 5:06 am - Reply

The stir fry looks and sounds really good. Simple ingredients make the best meals. Congratulations on the awards!

11. Marthe October 27, 2008 at 12:51 pm - Reply

Congrats on your two award!! The stir-fry looks delicious! Thank you so much for the award! You’re too sweet!! Now I have to figure out to whom I will give this award and how on earth I will get it on my blog 😉

12. Andrea October 27, 2008 at 12:58 pm - Reply

Congrats on your awards! Your Cambodian dish looks great, my husband is the same way about red meat, and I don’t eat it at all (never have) so it’s especially difficult finding a meal we all will eat. I know how frustrating it can be when you really want to share something yummy with your husband but he doesn’t even want to taste it because it’s doesn’t have meat or has too many veggies. Silly husbands!

13. Bellini Valli October 27, 2008 at 2:05 pm - Reply

Good choice of a Cambodian dish. I Googled their dishes as well and found a lot of dlicious choices!!

14. Foong October 27, 2008 at 3:37 pm - Reply

Congrats on the awards! Your blog deserve it.

15. cakewardrobe October 27, 2008 at 4:59 pm - Reply

I’ve never had Cambodian food. Seems like its getting a little more popular in the states! That looks really yum! Congrats on a well deserved award 🙂 xo

16. nicole October 27, 2008 at 5:34 pm - Reply

Congrats on the awards you totally deserve them.

17. Gera October 27, 2008 at 6:32 pm - Reply

Hi HoneyB!

Huge congrats for your awards very well deserved both!! Love to explore Asian Countries dishes 🙂

18. Shellyfish October 27, 2008 at 5:55 pm - Reply

Congrats on your awards!! Well deserved, indeed! 🙂

19. Megan October 28, 2008 at 12:27 am - Reply

Chicken and mushrooms sound good to me. Thanks for the award and the linky love! I’m feeling the warmth. 🙂

20. creative one October 28, 2008 at 4:33 am - Reply

The chicken stir fry was tasty. Next time it is my turn to cook for you.