Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins are full of spice, pumpkin and chocolate! They have a tender and moist crumb and are perfect for your morning rush out the door!

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins

To me, making muffins is one of the best ways to share love with others. If you have been reading my blog, you know that I love trying different muffin recipes! I have quite a few different ones “favorited” and I plan to eventually get to each and every one of them!

A couple of years ago I came across a recipe on allrecipes.com for a pumpkin muffin with chocolate chips. The first time I made the recipe Grumpy told me it didn’t have enough spice, but the muffin was really quite moist (a good thing!). So, the next time I made the muffin I doubled the spices and added a teaspoon of vanilla extract.

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
allrecipes.com
3/4 cup white sugar (I have used Splenda)
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 eggs
3/4 cup canned pumpkin
1/4 cup water
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
Remember: if you like the spice flavor, you will want to double your spices!
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease and flour muffin pan or use paper liners.

Mix sugar, oil, eggs. Add pumpkin and water. In separate bowl mix together the baking flour, baking soda, baking powder, spices and salt.. Add wet mixture and stir in chocolate chips.

Fill muffin cups 2/3 full with batter. Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes.

1. noble pig October 3, 2008 at 5:43 am - Reply

Oh this sounds so good. Pumpkin and chocolate is just classic.

2. Barbara Bakes October 3, 2008 at 10:27 am - Reply

Sounds like a perfect fall recipe!

3. Jo October 3, 2008 at 12:21 pm - Reply

those look wonderful… for some reason I never thought about combining chocolate and pumpkin… but wow does that sound wonderful 🙂

BTW, do you mind if I link to you? I always like asking first… let me know, thanks!

4. Meg October 3, 2008 at 12:25 pm - Reply

You know the way to my heart…pummpkin. These look so yummy!

5. Jessie October 3, 2008 at 12:27 pm - Reply

Awww, yum. I just got up, and already, my mouth is watering!

+Jessie
    a.k.a. The Hungry Mouse

6. Bellini Valli October 3, 2008 at 12:33 pm - Reply

Nothin’ says lovin’ like something from the oven..isn’t that a Pillsbury commercial? Anyawy I am sure everyone enjoyed these seasonal muffins!!!!!!!!!!!

7. Lisa October 3, 2008 at 1:03 pm - Reply

Love pumpkin with chocolate. I will be making these soon.

8. RecipeGirl October 3, 2008 at 1:22 pm - Reply

Well, you know that I love pumpkin & chocolate so these look great.

I'm thinking of making some new muffins this weekend. It's time.

9. Pam October 3, 2008 at 3:30 pm - Reply

Mmm good. I love pumpkin anything. Adding choclate chips is a terrific idea – I know my kids would love these.

10. Carrie October 3, 2008 at 4:00 pm - Reply

Pumpkin + chocolate = love

11. PaniniKathy October 3, 2008 at 4:25 pm - Reply

Those came out perfectly, HoneyB!

12. stephchows October 3, 2008 at 4:58 pm - Reply

Great minds think alike 🙂 I made Pumpkin Chip brownies last night 🙂

13. Prudy October 3, 2008 at 7:11 pm - Reply

Yep, I’m making these this weekend. Tomorrow morning. I like my spiced to a minimum when I add pumpkin to chocolate so I’m keeping it just the way you wrote it.

14. Matt October 3, 2008 at 10:00 pm - Reply

What an inspired combination: chocolate and pumpkin!

15. rubybean77 October 4, 2008 at 3:59 pm - Reply

You’re hopping on the pumpkin band wagon like Meg from Megan’s Munchies. ROCK ON!!!!!

I love your blog!

16. Kevin October 4, 2008 at 7:09 pm - Reply

Pumpkin and chocolate does sound like a great combo. I am going to have to try it soon!

17. Jude October 5, 2008 at 4:56 pm - Reply

How can I crave something I’ve never tasted? Love the crackly tops with chocolate oozing out.

18. Jenny Jo December 17, 2008 at 6:33 am - Reply

I have these in the oven right now! They smell fantastic. I didn’t have any chocolate chips, but I added some walnuts.

19. Anonymous October 4, 2019 at 8:21 am - Reply