Nothing really scary today about the post. But I like the title! I want to wish all you tricksters and treaters out there a Happy Halloween! I will be shocked if we get trick or treaters at our home. We live in the boonies. BUT if they do come, I do have candy! If they don’t come, then we will eat it. Eventually.I remember when I was young my mom would drive us around the neighborhood to go trick or treating. Back then, the neighbors not only had store bought candy bars, but some of them would have homemade goodies. Those were the good old days. When my kids were little, the only homemade goodies I would let them eat would be the ones their Aunt April would give them. Or their Grandmothers. There was one lady, Mrs. Burnett, who made the best ever popcorn balls. Every year we looked forward to going to her home to trick or treat and get her popcorn balls! I do miss them. She is gone now, but her family is still around. I wonder if any of them has her recipe?

Another thing I remember about Halloween was the movie The Ghost and Mr. Chicken. Don Knotts. What a funny, funny man. That movie was awesome! He also was the one reason I loved to watch the Andy Griffith Show!

Speaking of chicken, I finally made mini chicken pot pies. I had been thinking about it the last few weeks but hadn’t gotten around to it. Then the Barefoot Bloggers beat me to it! All this did was push me to make mine even more because all the posts I was reading were making me hungry for chicken pot pie! I didn’t use a particular recipe. I just threw some things together that belong in chicken pot pie. I don’t have exact amounts, but I will “guesstimate” for you.

HoneyB’s Chicken Pot Pie

Boil 2 diced potatoes until tender.

Saute 6 chicken tenderlions salt and pepper. Remove from heat and chop. Return to pan juices. Add 4 cups hot water and 2 teaspoons Better than Boullion, Chicken flavor. Bring to boil, turn to simmer.

Add potatoes, 1/2 bag mixed frozen veggies and bring back to a slow boil. Mix 4 tablespoons cornstarch with 1/2 cup water. Stir into broth mixture and cook until thickened. Cool slightly.

Divide mixture between 4 mini ramekins.

Using Pillsbury Pie Crust (yes, I cheated) roll out according to directions on package. Cut into 4 pieces. Cover ramekins and pinch pleat crust.

Cover crust edges with foil and place on large cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Remove foil from crust edges. Bake another 30 minutes or til crust is browned and filling is bubbly.

Cool slightly, then enjoy!

1. Foong October 31, 2008 at 10:29 am - Reply

It looks easy enough and I guess, using ready made dough is always easier than making your own. Saves time and probably tastes just as good.

2. Cristine October 31, 2008 at 11:54 am - Reply

Looks so yummy!!!! Hmmm… I see this on my menu very soon!

Happy Halloween to you! I hope you get some Trick or Treaters! We’ll be out in the cold, rainy German weather tonight! 🙂

3. Megan October 31, 2008 at 12:18 pm - Reply

I do miss me an old fashion homemade pocorn ball! Your pies make me want to make them all over again. Perfect!

4. Barbara Bakes October 31, 2008 at 1:41 pm - Reply

I’m blogging about chicken pot pie today too! It must be the perfect time of year. Yours looks delicious!

5. Sharon October 31, 2008 at 3:34 pm - Reply

Your crust is gorgeous! i’m so lazy I usually just slop the crust on there.

6. Carrie October 31, 2008 at 3:54 pm - Reply

Your crust looks so pretty!

7. nicole October 31, 2008 at 4:33 pm - Reply

OH these look so perfect. Who cares if you used already made crust. Just makes it quicker for you to get dinner on the table. 🙂

8. Patsyk October 31, 2008 at 4:51 pm - Reply

Wow! Those chicken potpies look so warm and delicious! And, they are cute, too!

9. Sophie October 31, 2008 at 1:39 pm - Reply

The crust looks beautiful. I feel like I’m staring at photos on a menu of a restaurant, so delicious! 🙂

10. tardevil November 1, 2008 at 12:15 am - Reply

Your pot pie looks yummy…now I’m going to want to make it too! See what you started!

11. Fit Chick November 1, 2008 at 12:51 am - Reply

Oh, they look so good and yummie. Your crust is perfect. It’s not quite pot pie weather here yet, it’s 90 degrees.

12. averagebetty October 31, 2008 at 9:55 pm - Reply

Love the mini-pot pie! So fun for a winter party…

13. Kirstin November 1, 2008 at 2:11 am - Reply

That pie dough looks amazingly good for store-bought. Would you try it with puff pastry too?

14. Marthe November 1, 2008 at 10:27 am - Reply

Yummm, this looks so delicious!! I hope you had much fun yesterday at Halloween!

15. RecipeGirl November 1, 2008 at 11:11 am - Reply

Not only have I never made a homemade chicken pot pie, I’ve never eaten one either! I guess I wasn’t raised with a whole lot of comfort food. It looks delicious though… simple too!

16. Liger Hunter November 1, 2008 at 6:11 pm - Reply

You have reminded me that it is time to make my veggie pot pie. I cheat a little by using crescent rolls on the top… but oh dear, it tastes so good! So do you ever get to Syracuse?

17. noble pig November 2, 2008 at 3:30 am - Reply

Your crusts are just beautiful!

Someone in our neighborhood would make cotton candy and we would stand in line, it’s a great memory.

18. Clumbsy Cookie November 2, 2008 at 3:40 pm - Reply

Those are gorgeous pies, the dough crust looks wonderful and very easy to work with! I never had a popcorn ball 🙁

19. Cami @ Creating Myself November 2, 2008 at 7:42 pm - Reply

Your cicken pot pies are BEAUTIFUL!

Thansk for reminding me about the Ghost & MR=r Chicken! I'll put that on the movie list for next Halloween. This year the grands & us watched The Haunting (of Hill House) & The Horror of Dracula…2 genuinely scary movies w/ no cussing & no gore.

20. Theresa November 3, 2008 at 11:58 am - Reply

Your chicken pot pies look fantastic. I love the personal pies idea!

21. Pam November 3, 2008 at 2:54 pm - Reply

Can I please come for dinner the next time you make these?

What beautiful pot pies…the crust looks amazing (who cares if it’s Pillsbury). I love the pleated edges – beautiful!

22. Kevin November 5, 2008 at 12:39 am - Reply

That chicken pot pie looks so good! I am craving some right now.

23. Veronica November 5, 2008 at 1:04 am - Reply

You are very good at crust crimping! Both your cookies and pot pies look great.