This homemade iced coffee is a simple drink recipe that is made with brewed coffee and sweetened condensed milk. It is a great pick me up beverage for hot summer days and can be enjoyed in the morning or afternoon.
If you are like me, then you really hate to toss out any coffee left in the coffee pot after everyone has had their morning cup. I am not keen on throwing my money out and coffee costs money.
When it's a nice sunny day outside, I generally will think about a cup of cold coffee later in the day. There are so many different ways to make iced coffee. But today's version is super easy!
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases from affiliate links.
Sweetened condensed milk, I love this brand, and I love that it is in a squeeze bottle. It makes storing any leftovers in the refrigerator a breeze!
Add the sweetened condensed milk to the coffee and stir! Once the sweetened condensed milk is dissolved, the coffee can be stored in the fridge or immediately served over ice.
Coffee maker, this is the coffee maker I own, and I absolutely love it! You can make regular brewed coffee or espresso. This one also has an iced coffee setting so you can make just 1 cup if you don't have any leftover coffee from the morning.
💭 Top Tips
- Use hot coffee to start. Hot coffee will aid in dissolving the sweetened condensed milk faster.
- Make ice cubes with coffee and use coffee cubes instead of ice cubes for cooling. This will prevent watering down of the coffee.
- Eliminate the sweetened condensed milk and use 1 cup of heavy or light cream in its place.
- When using heavy or light cream, use a sweetener of choice, or no sweetener at all. I love these sugar free syrups. (If you use this link and buy the product, be sure to use code: grumpyshoneybunch for 10% off your order)
- Leave out the sweetened condensed milk and substitute 1 cup of Homemade Eggnog.
*If you made this Homemade Iced Coffee recipe, please give it a star rating*
- 8 cups strong coffee
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk
- Combine brewed coffee and sweetened condensed milk in large pitcher. Refrigerate until chilled. Serve over ice.