These Oven Roasted Red Skinned Potatoes are made with diced potatoes that have been seasoned and coated with bread crumbs before baking.
Roasted Red Skinned Potatoes are a delicious side dish recipe and is the perfect accompanyment to Braised Pork Chops with Country Gravy!
Family Favorite Potato Side Dishes
Potatoes are a much loved vegetable in our household. Although, for me, that was not always a true statement (I hated mashed potatoes as a kid), I would never turn down crispy potatoes or french fries. As an adult, my brother in law introduced me to a way of making mashed potatoes that made me finally love them.
However, crispy potatoes are always going to be my own personal favorite and that is why I love these Oven Roasted Red Skinned Potatoes so much!
The Secret To Crispy Roasted Potatoes
I have fried potatoes in a skillet and I have baked them in the oven many times over my lifetime. Always hoping for crispy potatoes, but usually ending up with soggy ones. Until I made these roasted red skinned potatoes!
The secret is in the bread crumb coating. The potatoes have to be oiled lightly and I like to season them with a little garlic and onion flavor. Then, I toss them with Italian bread crumbs. The bread crumbs stick to the diced red potatoes and while baking forms a crispy exterior leaving a tender bite of potato inside!
What You Need To Make This Potato Side Dish
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases from affiliate links.
Red Skinned Potatoes, cleaned, with the skin left on, and diced into cubes.
Extra virgin olive oil, this is my go to olive oil.
Garlic salt and onion powder
Fresh Parmesan cheese (optional)
Tips and Substitutions
- Dice the potatoes into 1" cubes. Anything bigger will create steam and cause the potato to not crisp up
- Line the baking sheet with foil to keep the sheet cleaner and prevent sticking
- Substitute panko crumbs for bread crumbs
- Use regular salt and add ½ teaspoon garlic powder for the garlic salt
- Buy a parmesan cheese wedge and grate it yourself, dried parmesan cheese does not have the same effect as fresh.
- Substitute gold potatoes for the red skinned potatoes
More Potato Side Dish Recipes To Try
Roasted Red Skinned Potatoes
- 6 red-skinned potatoes cleaned, diced into chunks
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons Italian bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons fresh grated parmesan cheese optional
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Place the diced potatoes In a large mixing bowl and add the olive oil, garlic salt, onion powder, and black pepper. Toss to coat well.
- Add the breadcrumbs and toss to coat the potatoes. Spread the potatoes out onto a large rimmed cookie sheet.
- Using a microplane zester, grate the parmesan cheese over top of the potatoes (if using).
- Bake for 35 minutes, stirring once, until potatoes are browned, crisp, and cooked through.