Dishy, this photo so reminds me of one of yours that I saw. You and I bake the same way -with our laptop on the counter so we can read the recipes!

I wanted to bake. I wanted to bake something really good. I also wanted to bake something new. Of course, I also had to have the ingredients because I wasn’t about to get in my car and drive 13 miles just to get ingredients!

I happened to have bananas and a whole gallon of milk. So I got to thinking, hmmm, how about a banana cream pie? So, I went online and started searching. The Recipe Girl not only has a blog, but she has a recipe site. So, I went to her site and did a search on banana cream pie. I found this! What a lucky find! So, I went to town (no, not literally) and started getting the ingredients together. Instead of a lot of words today (partly because I am out straight and have so much to get done!) I will show you my photos and you can find her recipe here. You should definitely try this, it was delicious. Thanks Lori!

The cake has cooled and I have sliced it (although not perfectly) to prep for the filling!

The cooled custard (1/2 of it) is spread on top of the bottom layer. This is an awesome custard. Of course, I love any homemade pudding/custard and vanilla is my favorite!

The bananas are layered on top of the custard, then you put the remaining custard on top of the bananas.
I was a bad girl here. I put all the pudding on the bottom and none on top. Hope you will forgive me Lori!

Place the top layer on your filling and make your chocolate glaze topping (which is absolutely to die for!). Spread it over the top and chill until your family is ready to eat (unless they are standing over top of you drooling while your making it, then eat immediately!)

Now, this was the dessert I had told Grumpy about when I made the Cheese Enchiladas as sort of a “peace offering”. There were absolutely no complaints about the dessert! If there had of been, he would have been wearing Boston Banana Cream Pie! Maybe. Don’t know I would want to really waste it that way! 😉

1. Barbara Bakes June 8, 2008 at 12:53 pm - Reply

Your cake looks delicious! You’re right about homemake pudding tasting so much better than from a box. Why do they call it a pie when it’s a cake? Lucky you to have a laptop to cook with!

2. HoneyB June 8, 2008 at 1:12 pm - Reply
  3. Creating Myself June 8, 2008 at 2:57 pm - Reply

Love the way the pudding is oozing out of teh “pie”…makes me wanna sneak some w/ my finger! ;o)

*running off to RecipeGirl’s blog to get the recipe*

4. Carrie June 8, 2008 at 3:32 pm - Reply

That looks soooo yummy!

5. noble pig June 8, 2008 at 4:43 pm - Reply

I love banana cream pie…I love making it with a nutter-butter crust and white chocolate whipped cream…why are these pies always so good!

6. Elle June 9, 2008 at 8:33 pm - Reply

I love Boston Cream Pie! Bananas make it sound even more delicious!

7. What A Dish! June 10, 2008 at 2:13 am - Reply

Ha ha, yes I often have my laptop on my kitchen counters while I cook/bake! Your Boston creme pie looks great.

8. Kevin June 11, 2008 at 12:23 am - Reply

That banana cream pie looks really good! I have been wanting to try making one of these for a while now.

9. Medena June 12, 2008 at 2:25 pm - Reply

Man, that looks good!!!!!

10. RecipeGirl June 15, 2008 at 12:47 pm - Reply

Hi HoneyB!

Oh, I’ve been a bad little blogger in commenting on other’s blogs lately. I’m so sorry I’m not seeing this until now. For some reason, it didn’t show on my Google alert!! I’m so happy that you found something to try that you enjoyed. I think it’s funny that the thing is called a pie when it really isn’t one at all 🙂 Thanks for letting me know about your post!!