White Chocolate Raspberry Muffins

Tall moist almond flavored muffins filled with fresh raspberries and white chocolate. These delicious, perfectly crumbed White Chocolate Raspberry Muffins made a delicious anniversary morning side to our cup of hot coffee!

White Chocolate Raspberry Muffins

Grumpy and I have been married 4 years now and together almost 8. I wouldn’t trade my Grumpy for anyone else in this whole big world. He has my heart and I couldn’t imagine my life without him! To celebrate our years of marriage together, I made him these muffins with two of his favorite foods. White Chocolate and Raspberries!

Grumpy and I are the exact opposite of each other personality wise. I’m the outgoing, ready and raring to go, happy when I wake up person, while Grumpy is the quiet unless you make him miserable type. lol. I’m full of vim and vigor in the morning and Grumpy he like to sleep in! I can’t keep my eye’s open at night while Grumpy could be up half the night! When we first were together he told me that he never met someone who was so full of energy in the morning. ha ha. I didn’t and still don’t need caffeine to get me going in the morning (but I drink it because I love it!). I just have this natural morning energy.

White Chocolate Raspberry Muffins

With some of that morning energy, I decided I would make some special muffins for Grumpy to take with him for breakfast. I went on a search for a muffin recipe that would suit his love of white chocolate and raspberries and found one on Mary Ellen’s site, That’s My Home.

White Chocolate Raspberry Muffins

I was a little worried they might not be sweet enough when I saw there was only 1/3 cup sugar, but then I realized, all that white chocolate would probably balance out the sweetness. Next time I would go with about 1-1/2 cup of raspberries since we like our muffins full of berries!

I let my Grumpy stay in bed a little longer before I went up and said “don’t you think it’s about time you got up?”, however I didn’t do that without sliding up beside him and giving him a happy anniversary hug. I sure hope he likes his White Chocolate Raspberry Muffins this morning!

This post was slightly updated on 11/27/2016

Raspberry White Chocolate Muffins
Recipe Type: Muffin
Author: slightly adapted from thatsmyhome.com
Prep time:
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
  • 1 cup fresh raspberries
  • 2 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
  • 1/4 cup granulated sugar
Instructions
  1. Heat oven to 400°F. Spray muffin tin with cooking spray. Set aside.
  2. In large bowl combine almond milk, melted butter and egg. Stir in remaining muffin ingredients except raspberries and vanilla chips just until flour is moistened. Gently stir in raspberries and vanilla chips.
  3. Spoon about 1/4 cup of better muffin pan. Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool slightly and remove from pan.
  4. Dip top of each muffin in melted butter, then in sugar.

Pin it – White Chocolate Raspberry MuffinsWhite Chocolate Raspberry Muffins

1. Megan June 19, 2008 at 1:27 pm - Reply

Now thats a sweet way to wake up ol’ grumpy! Happy anniversary.

2. noble pig June 19, 2008 at 2:34 pm - Reply

Happy anniversary…you are so sweet to your grumpy. I’m sure he loved the muffins.

3. Carrie June 19, 2008 at 4:26 pm - Reply

Happy Anniversary!!! Who wouldn’t love to wake up to fresh muffins??

4. Elle June 19, 2008 at 8:21 pm - Reply

Happy Anniversary! I think I’d like to wake up to these muffins. And it just so happens my husband has tomorrow off…hmmm…

5. Kevin June 20, 2008 at 12:22 am - Reply

Happy anniversary! raspberry and white chocolate muffins sound great!

6. What A Dish! June 20, 2008 at 4:52 am - Reply

Those flavors sound great together. I should have made muffins today instead of those granola bars- ha ha.

7. Vickie LeBlanc June 20, 2008 at 12:02 pm - Reply

Oh, I’m sorry I did’nt read this yesterday but I will wish you and grumpy a happy anniversary today for yesterday. I LOVE muffins and these sound so divine.

8. GrannyLooHoo June 20, 2008 at 2:07 pm - Reply

I had to come & look & now I’m salivating…

9. Katie June 20, 2008 at 6:32 pm - Reply

Happy Anniversary! And these look great!

10. Katypi June 20, 2008 at 10:48 pm - Reply

Yummm…..muffins are like cake for breakfast. How bad can that be!

11. Antonio Tahhan June 21, 2008 at 4:56 pm - Reply

Happy Anniversary, Shelby (and Grumpy)!! I love how the raspberries pop in the batter!! great combo with the white chocolate, too!
    I wish you both many more muffin-filled anniversaries!!

12. White On Rice Couple June 22, 2008 at 4:00 am - Reply

Lol! Maybe that’s why we’re not married yet! But congrats on being together for 8 years…and counting! Hopefully when we do get married one day, we’ll still be blissful like you guys after the first 4 years of marriage!
    The muffins look wonderful for breakfast! I could eat three of these easily with an espresso!

13. familiabencomo June 23, 2008 at 10:06 pm - Reply

Happy Anniversary! What a joy it is to spend your life with someone you love enough to bake special muffins for! I bet the two of you laugh as often as you drive each other bonkers. For an anniversary, I hope you gave him more than a hug! 😉

xoxox Amy

14. familiabencomo June 23, 2008 at 10:17 pm - Reply

Congratulations on your anniversary!!! Anyone worth baking muffins for is certainly loved & adored. I bet you two laugh twice as much as you aggravate each other. Only a hug? I know why he’s grumpy! 😉 Wishing you health, happiness & harmony for many, many years to come.

xoxox Amy

15. Bellini Valli June 23, 2008 at 11:40 pm - Reply

Raspberries and chocolate compliment each other perfectly just like you and Grumpy:D